Women have finally gotten their fair due in the category of all-natural sexual arousal and pleasure enhancers. Currently, there are dozens of such products on the market for men (not to mention several prescription medications that cater only to men), but only very recently have women’s products moved into consumer focus. It’s a booming segment of the natural supplement market that’s more popular than ever.
However, the use of herbs and nutrients to enhance women’s sex drives and pleasure is nothing new. For many years, folk medicine and naturopathic healing have had a variety of natural and botanical ingredients in their arsenal of tools to combat women’s flagging sexuality due to fatigue, stress, dietary deficiency, aging, hormonal changes or emotional upset. What’s new now is the availability of specialized, pre-calibrated formulas in new standardized dosages using many of these time-honored ingredients.
The great news is that the formulas work — so well that women are buying them in record numbers and celebrating the results. The bad news? That the natural supplement market is easily infiltrated by fakes and poseurs, products that do nothing but cost as much as the real thing.
The wise consumer should first gain an understanding of how these products work, and what goes into a quality supplement, then make an informed choice to enjoy the best results.
What you’re looking for is a non-prescription, balanced formula that can be taken as a daily supplement without side effects or interference with birth control or other medications you might be taking. The specific formulation varies by manufacturer; however, all formulas worth purchasing are created in a cGMP pharmaceutical-grade facility, of top-quality ingredients. Here’s what else to look for: The ingredients in a good supplement individually will work to promote better blood flow and increased muscular relaxation, plus act on hormones for increased, more energetic sexual response. In addition, the hormone-balancing factors in the formula may combat the negative effects of menopause, such as night sweats and hot flashes, and may even balance mood and attitude before or during menopause. Taken together, in a blend that is thoughtfully created and precisely calibrated, the effects on the overall female reproductive system are overwhelmingly positive — from a healthier, more satisfying sex life to natural fertility.
With all the choices out there, it takes a diligent researcher to find out which are the effective formulas. One that meets all the critieria above is Provestra ™, which in addition to being an effective and very popular libido-booster for women, is also provided by one of the top legitimate companies in sexual health improvement for men and women. Here’s a partial list of Provestra™’s ingredients, and a description of how each works specifically on the female reproductive system:
- Maca – legendary South American herb with centuries-old reputation for increasing libido.
- Red raspberry leaf – a female tonic, uterine contraction regulator, pregnancy herb.
- Red clover – a blood cleanser and nutritive, positive effects on hormonal systems regulating pregnancy and lactation.
- Cayenne pepper – a stimulant that equalizes circulation and strengthens the heart.
- Licorice root – a botanical that strengthens and tonifies the adrenal glands and enhances hormonal function.
- Bayberry fruit – natural ingredient that increases blood flow and capillary dilation in the mucus membranes of the vagina to enhance lubrication.
- Damiana leaf – a centuries-old remedy used as an aphrodisiac for its ability to stimulate genitals.
- Valerian root – a time-honored remedy that reduces tension and emotional stress, aids in a restful sleep, and eases menstrual cramps.
- Ginger root – a total system stimulant that enhances the action of other herbs.
- Black cohosh root – a favorite of midwives that acts on the uterine and vaginal ability to contract, balances hormones and has a mild sedative effect.
Notice that the blend described above goes to work on the libido from multiple fronts: circulatory, hormonal, stress reduction, female-specific tonification and overall effects on the genitals. Other formulas may contain amino acids, vitamins, enzymes or various vegetable extracts. Though many of these ingredients are available individually from health food stores or herbal pharmacies, the prevailing wisdom today points to the superiority of formulas like this, that are pre-calibrated and blended to take the guesswork out of herbal extracts — not to mention the more economical approach of buying a complete tablet as opposed to a bewildering array of pills or tinctures that must be measured, mixed or calculated each day.
Results vary for individual women, but most report positive effects after only about a week or two on the supplement. Unlike prescription meds, these natural supplements have no side effects and can be obtained without a prescription or costly doctor’s office visit. Because of their safety and efficacy, natural supplements are the number one choice today among women seeking to improve their libido and sexual pleasure.